Sunday, July 6, 2008

Anything Is Possible

Here's the last of my red, white, and blue projects (at least for a while). This one uses Julee's Mojo Monday sketch and some more of Scenic Route's Liberty line patterned paper that I love.

The main image panel uses layered images from the Polka Stars set from Verve Stamps. I stamped the images with shimmery Brilliance inks and used star punches to cut out the images. I used the swirl image from Verve's Seeing Stars set to add a "trail" for the stars.

I picked the dotted star image because of the dots in the red side of Scenic Route Grant Street paper I used to create the larger panel on the cardfront. I cut a strip to go across the cardfront that shows the fun star pattern on the reverse side of the paper.

The sentiment is from the Seeing Stars set, too. I added a red star brad to the panel for some interest. I repeated the star brads (but in a different color) at the corners of the photo corner I placed in the upper right corner of the card. After I finished the card, I realized I left off the photo corner in the lower left corner--oops! Just imagine that it's there . . .

Materials Used:
Polka Stars and Seeing Stars stamp sets (Verve Stamps); Pearlescent Poppy and Pearlescent Sky Blue inks (Brilliance); Ruby Red, Night of Navy, Bashful Blue, and Whisper White cardstock, circle punch, photo corner punch, star punches, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); star brads (Making Memories); patterned paper (Scenic Route's Liberty line--Grant Street)

3 comments:

  1. I love all three cards. The bird is cute and I am a polka dot fan from way back. Polka dots make everything look happy. Great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card! I love the papers you chose and the way you layered the stars. Thanks for playing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these stars! I actually have them and can never figure it out....I need to get out of my rut!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips