Friday, July 18, 2008

Blogger Challenge: Week 56

This week's challenge is a color challenge. When I pulled out pieces of paper in each of the colors--Blue Bayou, Mellow Moss, Regal Rose, Really Rust, and Sahara Sand--I immediately thought, "Yuck!" I just stared at the pile on my table for a while and considered opting out of the challenge, then started to dig through my stamps. Eventually, I came across my Wild About You set. I thought the images in this set might work to make these colors fit together at least somewhat.

Here's what I came up with. I used most of the colors to stamp the animal images. I kept true to the colors for all of the animals except the giraffe. Some of the images were stamped on scraps of paper and cut out, then attached to the image panel with dimensionals to give the effect that the animals were standing together in a group.

I used a little Blue Bayou ink and a stipple brush to add a sky to the panel, then stamped the sentiment in Blue Bayou ink, too. The panel is layered on Mellow Moss and Blue Bayou panels, then attached to the card with dimensionals.

I stamped a Mellow Moss panel with the Twill background stamp and added that to the left side of the card. As I was doing this, I realized I should have used this stamp to do the kissing technique on the gator to give the image a textured look . . .

You can find links to the other challenge players' blogs in the sidebar at the right. I'm sure they've found some great ways to use this color combo.

Materials Used:
Wild About You and Twill stamp sets, Blue Bayou, Really Rust, Regal Rose, and Mellow Moss Classic inks, Blue Bayou, Mellow Moss, Sahara Sand, and Whisper White cardstock, Blue Bayou stitched grosgrain ribbon, stipple brush, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); orange and black Glaze pens (Sakura)

24 comments:

  1. Now this is stinkin' cute! LOVE it! The giraffe is adorable in pink!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is fabulous, Lori! Great job using those colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tee Hee, I love the pink giraffe! This card is so sweet. I love it. Great job on the challenge. By the way I also gave you an award on my blog. You can check it out here...
    http://technostamper.blogspot.com/2008/07/tagged-awarded-and-another-sketch.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great use of some crazy colors!!!! I love the pink giraffe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this cute card. You pulled of the challenge so well. Love your little animals and the pink giraffe is adorable! Great job on this challenge - as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! This set is on my shelf and I rarely use it. I need to pull it out and dust it off! Great job on this color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! I love the colorful animals. Great idea to incorporate the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's just a tiny "cheat" but well worth it! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Geez, you really did make those colors work, Lori! I gave up on it but now you've got me rethinking it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is tooo cute! Love all the colorful animals against the neutral BG.....gorgeous card Lori! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is adorable! I LOVE the Regal Rose giraffe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like what you did with the colors and that set. Very cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. cute, cute, cute! I love how you used a few of the animals and they are all multi-dimensional!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super Cute! - Okay a Pink Giraffe is different but I like it. It lends a bit of "whimsy" to this adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, that did turn out cute! Great job with this CHALLENGE! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How flippin' adorable is this! What a wonderful way to use this set Lori! I love it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very adorable, great way to use these colours. It was a hard one, but you have done an awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Totally cute! I love the pink giraffe! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great way to use the colors! Love this stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So stinkin' cute! Love the dimension and the little itty bit of pumpkin on the bird's beak! Super job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is just so cute!! AND the combo of colors works really well with the "zoo" you've created. Great card for our "interesting" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely Adorable. Love the way these guys are laid out. CUTEness! :0)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips