Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July

As promised, here's a fun 4th of July themed project. As soon as I saw these star images from Kitchen Sink Stamps, I knew I'd be creating a special bandana with them. I always dress Cosmo the crazy dog for the seasons. In October, he wears Halloween-themed bandanas, in November and December, he wears a Wisconsin Badger bandana for college football season, then he switches to a snow-themed one for the winter, and so on. He actually likes wearing them and if the one he's wearing comes untied, he picks it up in his mouth and brings it to me so I can put it back on (at least I take that as a sign that he likes them!)

I found a blank, white bandana at a craft store to use for this project. I washed it and dried it (and even ironed it, too) prior to stamping on it. I used a bunch of star images from the Playful Stars stamp set. The images were stamped randomly in Versa Craft inks in Cyan and Cardinal. I let the images dry, then heat set them by putting the bandana in the dryer for about 10 minutes. For more detailed directions, you can check out Nicole's tutorial for stamping on fabric here.

Here's the finished product as modeled by Cosmo. It's not quite as fancy as the stamped t-shirts that Julie made for her family, but it's perfect for Cosmo!

Materials Used:
Playful Stars stamp set (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Cyan and Cardinal pigment inks (Versa Craft); bandana (Joann)

4 comments:

  1. How cool is that?! Awesome idea Lori...fab job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun is this!! Your dog is so adorable. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so great Lori!! Your dog is styling!! :) Fabulous job!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips