Wednesday, July 23, 2008

It's the Little Things

"It's the Little Things": that's the name of July's Kit of the Month from Unity Stamp Company. I love the fun images in this kit and I'm having a great time using it.

Here, I used the tree image and one of the sentiments for today's sketch challenge on SCS. I still had this floral patterned paper out on my table from Sunday's card, so I used it again for color inspiration. I cut out a piece for the panel on the cardfront, then used my sewing machine to stitch around it. Why can't I figure out how to sew a straight line?? Fortunately, I was able to cover up my erratic stitches with the large tree image.

The tree image is colored with Copic markers. I added a sky using a stipple brush and Baja Breeze ink.

If you look closely at the tree image, you'll see the word "friends" repeatedly placed in the image, so I thought that the "friend" sentiment would coordinate perfectly with the tree image. I stamped the word in Pixie Pink ink on the layered strip across the cardfront and added a matching button. I used my white gel pen to add a "faux" stitch between the button holes--I love this trick!

A huge thunderstorm is approaching fast, so I need to head off to get Cosmo the crazy dog taken care of so he doesn't freak out. He does not handle thunder and flickering lights well . . . I'll be back tomorrow morning with another card using this stamp kit for Tamara's sketch challenge.

Materials Used:
It's the Little Things stamp kit (Kit of the Month from Unity Stamp Co.); Vintage Sepia pigment ink (VersaFine); markers (Copic Ciao); white cardstock (Xerox); patterned paper (KI Memories); button (American Crafts); Baja Breeze and Pixie Pink Classic inks, Pixie Pink, Pink Pirouette, Baja Breeze and Kiwi Kiss cardstock, glue dot, stipple brush, dimensionals, white gel pen (Stampin' Up!); sewing machine

1 comment:

  1. This is such a cute card! I love that tree stamp and the patterned paper. Great job. I hope Cosmo made it through the storm okay. My dog is the same way...he has to be pampered during a storm.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips