Thursday, July 24, 2008

Sketches {by Tamara} # 54

Here's my card for this week's sketch at Sketches {by Tamara}. As promised, it features Unity's July Kit of the Month yet again.

The sketch called for a round card, so I pulled out my Coluzzle to cut out a nice-sized Kiwi Kiss circle to work with.

The main image panel uses the scallop edged square image from It's the Little Things. I thought it would make a nice frame for the delicate butterfly image. I stamped the butterfly twice, once on Sweet Blush cardstock and once on vellum. I cut both images out and attached the vellum image directly on top of the cardstock one, but just at the butterfly's center. This allowed me to bend up the wings to make the butterfly look three-dimensional.

I also stamped the frame image twice, once on Sweet Blush cardstock and once on Baja Breeze cardstock. I cut out the center panel of the Baja Breeze frame and attached the butterfly duo to the panel with a dimensional. I used my paper piercing tool to create a "trail" for the butterfly, then attached the panel to fit inside the pink image.

I added a small Lemon Tart cardstock panel to the bottom of the circle. I tied a piece of poly twill ribbon around the cardfront where the two colors met and added three delicate pink pearls under the sentiment.

Tamara has posted the other card design team members' versions of this week's sketch on her blog. Be sure to check them out to see some other great ideas for this layout.

Materials Used:
It's the Little Things stamp kit (July Kit of the Month from Unity Stamp Co.); Sweet Blush Palette ink, Sweet Blush and Lemon Tart cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Baja Breeze and Kiwi Kiss Classic ink, Kiwi Kiss and Baja Breeze cardstock, white vellum, Old Olive poly twill ribbon, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensional, Coluzzle (Stampin' Up!); pink self-adhesive pearls

1 comment:

  1. I love what you did with the sketch, Lori! The colors are wonderful!

    Stampin hugs, Becky :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips