Sunday, July 20, 2008

Second for Susie

When I was looking at today's featured stamper's gallery earlier today, several cards caught my eye. I couldn't stop with just one, so here's my second card for the challenge.

I based it on this summery themed card here. I really liked the layout of this one. I decided to go with a birthday theme, using the Happy Birthday Cupcake set from Kitchen Sink Stamps. I haven't pulled this set out in a while and I thought the small cupcake image surrounded by a circle of text would work perfectly in this layout. I stamped the image twice in a deep brown ink. I colored one of the cupcake images with Copic markers and cut it out to add to the complete image with a dimensional. I added some Stickles, too.

I found this fun floral paper from KI Memories that coordinated well with the Kiwi Kiss and Baja Breeze papers left over from my first card today. I trimmed off a strip of patterned paper and tied an olive ribbon around it, then attached it to the cardfront and layered a Baja Breeze strip over it. I attached the matted cupcake image over the strip.

Since there already was a sentiment with the image, I didn't need to add one along the outer edge of the round panel. I decided to add a different kind of detail instead. I used my paper piercer to make a curved line of holes in the cardfront, following the shape of the cupcake image panel. I really like how that turned out.

Materials Used:
Happy Birthday Cupcake stamp set (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Espresso Adirondack ink, Yellow and Diamond Stickles (Ranger); patterned paper (KI Memories); Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, and Pink Passion cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensional (Stampin' Up!); 1 3/4" circle punch (EK Success); blue circle punch (Marvy Uchida); markers (Copic Ciao); moss grosgrain ribbon (Morex); white cardstock (Georgia Pacific)

1 comment:

  1. I happened across your blog by accident and I have to tell you, you are really quite the stampin' inspiration! Congrats to you on your degree and keep the blog posts coming... you may get me to dig out my stamps after all!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips