Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Two for Michele

My best friend Michele celebrated both an anniversary and a birthday in July. She's such a good friend that she's even been kind enough to share her internet and computer with me over the last few days . . . Now that I’ve given her these cards and her gift (Gina K.’s Way to Go stamp set!), I can share these cards with you.

I made the anniversary card using one of Jen’s sketches. I love this simple stick figure image from Wordsworth. Here, I used two of the three couple images from the stamp. They’re stamped on white cardstock and colored with Copic markers. I added a chipboard heart covered in red craft ink as an embellishment

The cardfront is covered with an elegant but subtly patterned paper. I used black velvet ribbon strips across the cardfront and added a silvery Dew Drop to each piece of ribbon.

Materials Used:
Stick Love image (Wordsworth); Ash Filigree patterned paper (Around the Block); markers (Copic Ciao); Hugs & Wishes stamp set, Real Red Craft ink, Real Red cardstock, On Board chipboard heart (Stampin’ Up!); black velvet ribbon (Michaels); Silver Bells Dew Drops (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); white cardstock (Xerox)


Here’s the birthday card I made. I am back on a kraft cardstock kick yet again—love that stuff!

This is the first time I’ve used the grid image from the Papertrey Ink Guide Lines stamp set. I found that it was really easy to line up the small image inside of the grid blocks. Here, I stamped the grid in Chocolate Chip ink on cream cardstock, then added the smaller image in matching ink. I edged the bottom of the panel with a narrow strip of Chocolate Chip cardstock.

I used a simple sentiment from Birthday Basics and tied a coordinating cream ribbon around the cardfront. I love the clean, elegant look of this one.

Materials Used:
Guide Lines and Birthday Basics stamp sets, cream cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Chocolate Chip Classic ink, Chocolate Chip and Kraft cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); cream satin ribbon (Target)

3 comments:

  1. Lori, love the top card, it is such a whimsical image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, I LOVE both of the cards! The little couple is so cute! And you know how I feel about my gift!!!! Thanks so much for helping make our anniversary and my bday great! You can use our "facilities" any time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these! Those stick figures are so cute!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips