Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Wild Pomegranate, Take 2

When I started to work on a card for today's SCS color challenge, it seemed to me that the colors were somewhat familiar. Then, I realized that two of them--Purely Pomegranate and Wild Wasabi--were part of Kristina's color challenge last week (my card for that challenge made her top 10--yay!). In fact, I even had some of the "rejected" pieces from my challenge card still out on my table. I re-purposed some of them for this card.

Since I'm low on Wild Wasabi stuff (no ink, almost no cardstock left) with its retirement approaching, I used a Wild Wasabi flower from the Accents & Elements tin for the focal point of my card. I found a Certainly Celery sparkly brad for the card's center, too. The flower is attached to the Certainly Celery panel with dimensionals. I stamped one of the sentiments from Short & Sweet next to the flower in Purely Pomegranate ink.

I like to mix spots and stripes, so I did just that on this card. I paired the striped flower with a strip of dotted Wild Wasabi Prints Series paper. The seam where the patterned and solid papers meet is hidden with a strip of Purely Pomegranate satin ribbon.

This morning, SU! demos got a sneak peek at some of the new sets and accessories from the upcoming catalog. I've placed my order for some new stuff (inks, paper, and stamps) and now the waiting begins . . .

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!):
Short & Sweet stamp set, Purely Pomegranate Classic ink, Purely Pomegranate, Certainly Celery, and Wild Wasabi cardstock, Wild Wasabi Prints Series designer paper, Build a Flower Accents & Elements, Purely Pomegranate satin ribbon, rhinestone brad, dimensionals

5 comments:

  1. Ouuuu! These colours are hot together. Love the stripes. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice card Lori, I loved the colours in this challenge, they work so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job on that card for the CC Lori! I ordered too...now to wait a couple of weeks..haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the layout of this. It's so happy. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea of re-purpose! Cute card.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips