Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Fall Feathered Friend

My new stamps from Unity Stamp Company's latest releases arrived today, so I had to try them out for today's SCS sketch challenge. I picked one of the bird images from the Birds of a Feather kit. This kit is a fun collection of line art birds and a ton of sentiments, too.

The branch the bird was sitting on had acorns on it, so I went with a fall color scheme for my card. I used scraps of Fall Flowers designer paper to create the large panels for the cardfront. I chose the colors for the image based on the colors in the paper--Really Rust, Groovy Guava, Old Olive, and Soft Sky. The image is colored with Copic markers. The white panel the image was on looked too harsh, so I sponged a little Soft Sky ink all over it to soften it, then I added the "sweet" sentiment to the panel.

I added a piece of organdy edged satin ribbon (it matches the elegant baggies the Unity kits come in . . .) around the striped panel and placed a photo corner with a pair of copper brads at the corner of the image panel. I love the way the copper looks with this color scheme.

Materials Used:
Birds of a Feather kit (Unity Stamp Company); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Really Rust and Soft Sky Classic inks, Really Rust, Soft Sky, and Groovy Guava cardstock, Fall Flowers designer paper, photo corner punch, sponge, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); ribbon (Morex); copper brads (Making Memories)

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely darling card, Lori! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very sweet (just like the card says).
    I love the colors you chose!!!
    Great Card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, Lori! Love the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this~ *great* colors, and so adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips