Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Blushing Silhouettes

My first SU! order from the new catalog arrived today, a full day earlier than I had expected. Usually it takes 6 long, full business days for an order to reach my home. I placed my order last Monday, just minutes after the new catalog went live, so my wait time wasn't too long at all.

Since I got new stamps, I had to try some of them out right away. It was a difficult decision, but I ended up using the new Pocket Silhouettes set for this card for today's SCS color challenge. This is one of the new sets that SU! is currently offering at a discount. Silhouette images are really big in stamping right now. They're so easy to use and elegant, too.

I rarely use it, so I have just a little Blush Blossom cardstock in my stash. I decided to use some scraps as panels for one of the silhouette images. I stamped the image on three Blush Blossom panels and added the sentiment in Ruby Red in one of the panels. I layered the panels on a strip of Close to Cocoa cardstock, then added a narrow strip of paper pierced Ruby Red cardstock underneath. I used another strip of Blush Blossom cardstock to create a scalloped border for the image panel. I tied a piece of Chocolate Chip taffeta ribbon around the panel, then attached it to a Ruby Red card base. I used a corner rounder to round the bottom corners of the card, matching the scallop detailing.
I think the layout of the image panel would have worked well as a long, narrow card, but didn't realize that until I was just about finished assembling it. I may just try this with another color scheme.

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!):
Pocket Silhouettes stamp set, Close to Cocoa and Ruby Red Classic inks, Close to Cocoa, Ruby Red, and Blush Blossom cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, scallop edge punch, corner rounder, Chocolate Chip taffeta ribbon

2 comments:

  1. Great job Lori! Glad your order arrived...early to boot!!! Mine should be there today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of the sets I am contemplating....I like what you did with it.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips