Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Inspired by a Square?

Today's sketch challenge on SCS called for making a square card. For some reason, I usually struggle with these, but I really like the one I came up with today.

I used the Butterflies set from Kitchen Sink Stamps for the main image. I arranged two of the multi-layer butterfly images to fit on a circle, leaving room for a sentiment. I used a combination of two different shades of pink and a dark brown, stamped off once, for the butterfly images to coordinate with the rosy patterned paper I found for the cardfront. I set the image on a scalloped circle mat so it would stand out when placed on the cardfront.

I decided that the word "inspire" from the Vintage Words set (also from Kitchen Sink) was a nice complement to the images. It doesn't really show in the photo, but I stamped the word twice--first in the softer shade of pink ink, then again, offset just the tiniest bit, in the dark brown ink. It looks so pretty IRL. I added a trio of pearls under the word to fill in the empty space.

I enjoyed this sketch so much that I actually created another card for it. I'll save that one for another day . . .

Materials Used:
Butterflies and Vintage Words stamp sets (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Soft Blush and Dark Chocolate Palette inks, Soft Blush, Dark Chocolate, and Cream cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Regal Rose Classic ink, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (Debbie Mumm--Baby Girl paper pack); circle and petite scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); cream satin ribbon, flat-back pearls (Target)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips