Saturday, August 23, 2008

Case-ing Myself

I'm attending a shoebox swap today in Baltimore--yay! Since the new SU! catalog was released earlier this month, I knew I wanted to use some of the new In Colors on my card and a new stamp set, too. I tend to come up with stuff that's way more complicated and time consuming than it really should be for these events, so for today, I stuck with something pretty simple but managed to fit in both In Colors and new stamps. I created a variation of this card to bring along with me.

I used two of the flower images from Ginormous Flowers, same as in the original version of the card, but used the new blue In Colors--Pacific Point and Baja Breeze. Ginormous Flowers is one of those sets in my collection that I had to have, but really haven't used much. I layered a vellum panel on top of the stamped panel. I really like the look of a vellum layer over a bold stamped image panel. The vellum softens the images just a little bit for a different look.

I stamped one of the sentiments from the new Heard from the Heart stamp set on a strip of Baja Breeze cardstock. I added a narrow strip of Kiwi Kiss and a scalloped strip of Pacific Point underneath the sentiment to draw in all the colors.

I can't wait to see what everyone else brings for the swap. Cindy's events are always fantastic--great people, delicious food, and creative cards. Definitely worth the over an hour drive each way!

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!):
Ginormous Flowers and Heard from the Heart stamp sets, Pacific Point, Baja Breeze, and Kiwi Kiss Classic inks, Pacific Point, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, and Whisper White cardstock, white vellum, scallop edge punch

2 comments:

  1. Love your card, Lori! It was great to see you again. Thanks for the GSG swap card (you remembered!); love that one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Lori! I loved making it. The color combo is gorgeous. Great seeing you again.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips