Friday, August 22, 2008

Stitched Celebration

As soon as I saw the colors for Kristina's latest color inspiration challenge, I knew I wanted to use the Stitched background stamp, stamped in white craft ink on black cardstock and heat embossed for some extra pop. I've been thinking about this ever since the stamp arrived in one of my recent SU! orders but haven't gotten around to it yet . . .

I love how the background turned out! Not sure about the rest of the card, but the background looks great . . .

Anyway, the embossed white pattern really pops. Here, I covered a portion of it with some layered panels in Regal Rose and Basic Gray. I stamped the "celebrate" sentiment from Celebrate Everything in Regal Rose ink on a scrap of white cardstock and attached that to the layered panels. I tied a strip of wide Regal Rose grosgrain around the panels, just where the white and gray cardstock met.

I used a bunch of Making Memories Clears flowers on the Basic Gray panel. These flowers are a plastic material and somewhat transparent. There's a variety of different patterns in the package, all in shades of red, pink, and black in this pack and some of these are even covered in sparkly glitter. I layered some of the flowers, using dimensionals for some layers and just the adhesive on the flower backs for others to give the cardfront a fun multi-dimensional look. I had a hard time arranging the flower clusters "right," but finally came up with something I could live with.

Materials Used:
Celebrate Everything and Stitched stamp sets, Regal Rose Classic ink, White craft ink, Regal Rose, Basic Gray, Basic Black, and Whisper White cardstock, Regal Rose wide grosgrain, Winter White embossing powder, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Clears glitter flowers (Making Memories); self-adhesive rhinestones (Michaels)

6 comments:

  1. I can't believe you made that paper. Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is a very cute card!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love the clean look of it! Great design! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. not just the background but the rest of your card turned out great =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. a beautiful card ... love the pink

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do LOVE that background like that@

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips