Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I Know It's Not Morning Anymore . . .

Yes, it's now evening, but that didn't stop me from using the Oh! What a Beautiful Morning stamp kit from Unity Stamp Company for today's SCS sketch challenge. The large Unity images are perfect on cards that have big image panels. And, I love all of their different bird images--so cute and fun!

I stamped the large sentiment first along the bottom of the white panel using Kiwi Kiss ink. This helped me figure out how to position the large branch image. The branch is stamped in black ink and colored with Copic markers. I stamped the bird twice--once on the image panel and a second time on a scrap of paper. I colored the bird on the scrap paper and trimmed around it, then attached it over the image on the stamped panel using a dimensional. This let me avoid the tricky cutting out of the bird's really thin legs. I used a stipple brush to add some Baja Breeze ink to the white panel to create a sky background for the image.

To visually divide the image and sentiment, I used a piece of olive poly twill. Even though it's supposed to be an olive color, it is a pretty good match for the Kiwi Kiss ink. I layered the stamped panel on a piece of patterned paper and attached a coordinating scalloped strip to the bottom edge. I also added a pair of Prima flowers to the bottom right corner of the card.

Now I'm off to make cinnamon buns for a celebration at my office tomorrow morning. Those tasty, sticky treats should ensure a really beautiful morning!

Materials Used:
Oh! What a Beautiful Morning stamp kit (Unity Stamp Co.); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); white cardstock (Xerox); markers (Copic Ciao); Kiwi Kiss and Baja Breeze Classic ink, Old Olive poly twill, scallop edge punch, stipple brush, dimensional (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (K & Co.); flowers (Prima); brad(?)

1 comment:

  1. Lori this is adorable! Love the bright colors of the card! Another GREAT creation!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips