Thursday, August 7, 2008

Sketches {by Tamara} #56

Here's my card for this week's sketch at Sketches {by Tamara}. I used some of the new patterned paper I picked up on a shopping trip in Salt Lake City before the SU! convention started last week. We went to Roberts and were completely overwhelmed by the amazing selection and great deals. There's nothing that compares with this store anywhere near my home. We could have spent hours and hours there looking at all of the fun papers and embellishments. I have a feeling that we'll be making a return trip when we're back in SLC for next year's convention.

So, on to my card for the sketch. I used my sewing machine and some dark pink thread to stitch the irregular, zig-zag border around the cardfront. It's a good thing the sketch called for a kind of not straight border since I'm not so great at sewing straight . . .

The feminine paper I chose for the cardfront called for an equally feminine main image. I stamped the grass image from Unity Stamp Company's Flirty Flowers kit and added some foam flowers to the ends of the grasses. I stuck tiny self-adhesive pearls to the center of each flower. The white cardstock I stamped on looked a little too white, so I went back and used a stipple brush to fill in with a little blue and green ink for a sky and more grass. Four photo corners would have been too much here, so I went with just a pair of dark pink photo corners, placed on opposite ends of the image panel. The photo corners match the pink thread from the machine stitching and the darker pink in the patterned paper pretty well.

I stamped the sentiment directly on the cardstock in Plum Pudding Palette ink. The purple stands out nicely against the pastel pattern of the paper.

Be sure to stop by Tamara's blog to check out what the other card design team members have created from this week's sketch. It was so much fun to meet one of the other card sketch design team members, Alex from California Stampin', last week at the SU! convention. Hope you made it to Roberts, Alex . . .

Materials Used:
Flirty Flowers stamp kit (Unity Stamp Co.); Plum Pudding Palette ink, Lavender Moon and Plum Pudding cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Certainly Celery and Bashful Blue Classic inks, Regal Rose and Whisper White cardstock, photo corner punch, Crystal Effects, dimensionals, stipple brush (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (Sassafras Lass); Hula Monkey Flora Doodles foam flowers (Petaloo); sewing machine

5 comments:

  1. Oh Lori, this is so awesome. I too love Tamera's sketches, and you did a fabulous job with it. Gotta love that paper...it ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous paper Lori! Those stamps are adorable and I'm always needing grass stamps since I can't draw blades of grass for the life of me...haha!
    Hope you had a blast at Convention...kicking myself that I didn't go :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very soft and pretty Lori - hmmmm....I think I too visited that store - LOL!!!! I had such a blast at Convention and I am so very glad we met!!! Your take on the sketch is fabulous, girl! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  4. These colors are so soft and inviting. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card. I really like the flowers popping off the card. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips