Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Meet the Monster Squad

The large trick or treater image from the Monster Squad set from My Favorite Things was the perfect image for today's SCS sketch challenge. I've had these cuties for a while, but hadn't used them just yet.

Here, I stamped the costumed trick or treaters on white cardstock and colored the image with Copic markers. I sponged just a little Orchid Opulence ink around the colored images to look sort of like the night sky without being too dark and while staying with my color scheme.

I based the colors on the Halloween paper, also from MFT. The patterns and colors are so much fun! I arranged the papers on a black mat so that the lighter colored piece would be on the right side, allowing me to stamp the sentiment right on the paper. I added a line of purple and green dome embellishments along the left side of the card as an accent. They kind of match the dots in the green patterned paper, too.

Materials Used:
Monster Squad stamp set, patterned paper (My Favorite Things); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); white cardstock (Xerox); markers (Copic Ciao); Orchid Opulence Classic ink, Green Galore, Orchid Opulence, and Basic Black cardstock, scallop edge punch, Crystal Effects, sponge (Stampin' Up!); dome embellishments, orange grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); green chipboard photo corner (Making Memories)

3 comments:

  1. Just darling! Love the bright colors!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is AWESOME. I love the monster squad set. And your card is great!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips