Friday, August 29, 2008

Sock Monkey?

I pulled out my Sock Monkey stamp set for the very first time today for this card--even though there's no sock monkey anywhere in sight. I used some of the accessory images that came with the set to create this card for Mary Jo's sketch challenge.

I based the card's colors on the striped paper I pulled from the new Sweet Always paper package. I created a Swiss Dot embossed panel to cover most of the Pumpkin Pie card base, then layered striped panels matted on more Pumpkin Pie across the cardfront.

The balloon image from the Sock Monkey set was stamped twice on white cardstock. I colored one of the images with Copic markers and trimmed around it. I attached a piece of white linen thread behind it to create the balloon's string, then used a dimensional to attach the balloon image to the other stamped image. I coated the balloon with Crystal Effects for a shiny look.

The sentiment is also from the Sock Monkey set. I stamped it in Regal Rose ink and embellished it with some tiny felt flowers before attaching it to the circle and scalloped circle mats.

Maybe I'll give the monkey image a try later this weekend . . .

Materials Used:
Sock Monkey stamp set, Regal Rose Classic ink, Pumpkin Pie, Regal Rose, Pink Pirouette, and Whisper White cardstock, Sweet Always patterned paper, Flower Fusion felt flowers, silver brads, Pretty in Pink grosgrain ribbon, Crystal Effects, glue dots, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); white linen thread (Walmart); markers (Copic Ciao); white cardstock (Xerox)

3 comments:

  1. Just darling. I like these images better than the monkey anyway, I am in the minority and do not like the monkey, lol. Love the colors you chose, fun card. Tanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card Lori! I'm actually glad you didn't use the monkey...lol...he freaks me out...haha! That's one set I never gave any thought to ordering. Although I have seen some cute thins with him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would never have put those colors together and yet they work beautifully. I am not a fan of the sock monkey but love what you did with the rest of it.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips