Sunday, August 17, 2008

My Sunshine

When I got home from the beach this afternoon, I saw that one of the Great Swaps Girls, Jessie, was today's featured stamper on SCS. I love Jessie's work, especially her attention to little details and how she uses embellishments. After I finished putting away my things from my brief weekend getaway and completed work on a project for my mom (I'll share that later this week), I headed over to Jessie's SCS gallery to pick a card for the challenge.

I loved the fun layout of this cute card. I stuck close to the layout on my version, but changed the stamps and colors I used and a few other details, too. I used a summery sun image from Unity Stamp Co.'s Flirty Flowers kit as the main image. I guess I'm still in a beachy frame of mind! I inked it in Summer Sunrise ink, then rolled the image's edges in Pumpkin Pie ink to create a two-toned image. I layered the image on coordinating cardstock circles like Jessie did in her card and added a pair of circles and a button at the sun's center.

I found a piece of floral patterned paper in similar color tones for the panel on the left side of the card. The paper is called "Petite Pink Posies," but when it's paired with the yellows and oranges in this card, the flowers take on a more orange tone (at least they do in my eyes!). I attached a piece of Summer Sunrise grosgrain ribbon around the panel and added on a bow. I rarely use bows on my cards, but I really liked how the bow looked on Jessie's card, so I kept that detail.

The "you are my sunshine" image in the kit is the perfect sentiment to match the sun image. I stamped the sentiment in two lines along the bottom of the card using Pumpkin Pie ink so it would stand out against the Lemon Tart cardfront.

I'm continuing my weekend tomorrow by taking the day off of work. I have big plans to get together with my best friend (who I haven't seen in almost a month--how did that happen??) to show her all of my stuff from the SU! convention and to take Cosmo the crazy dog to get a bath. I am hoping we will have an uneventful trip to Petsmart, but Cosmo tends to find drama wherever he goes. In between all of that, I plan to do a little stamping (maybe my August kit from Unity will arrive . . .) and catching up on blog reading, too. Sounds like a good day to me.

Materials Used:
Flirty Flowers stamp kit (Unity Stamp Co.); Summer Sunrise Palette ink, Summer Sunrise, Lemon Tart, and white cardstock, Summer Sunrise grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Pumpkin Pie Classic ink, Pumpkin Pie cardstock, white gel pen, glue dots, dimensional (Stampin' Up!); circle and petite scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); circle punches (EK Success); orange button (Walmart); patterned paper (Petite Pink Posies by Carolyn Holt Designs)

3 comments:

  1. Very cute and nice and cheery/sunshiney! Love it!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty!!! Love the sunshine... the whole colors. LOVELY!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips