Sunday, September 14, 2008

Hey Chick!

I made this card for today's featured stamper challenge on SCS. It's loosely based on this card in Liz's gallery.

I used the Hey Chick! stamp kit from Unity Stamp Co. for my card. I liked how Liz stamped the sentiment repeatedly on the large panel of her card,so for mine, I stamped the sentiment on a light pink panel in a slightly darker pink ink. Instead of stamping in alternating colors, I stamped in one color and adjusted the placement of the words on each line. I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to line it up just right. It really wasn't time consuming--it just looks like it was.

I colored one of the bird images from the set using Copic markers, then carefully trimmed around it. It was colored to match the vivid colors in the striped paper I used on the cardfront, keeping with the stripes used on the front of Liz's card. I added some Stickles to highlight parts of the bird, too. I ended up layering the bird on a pair of circle mats instead of attaching it directly to the sentiment panel. I also added a piece of blue satin ribbon to bring in just a little more of the blue that I used to color the bird image.

Materials Used:
Hey Chick! stamp kit (Unity Stamp Co.); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); patterned paper (Imaginisce); Regal Rose Classic ink, Regal Rose cardstock, scallop circle punch, Stamp-a-ma-jig, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Sweet Blush cardstock (Papertrey Ink); 1 1/2" circle punch (EK Success); blue satin ribbon (Target); Cotton Candy, Fruit Punch, and Baby Blue Stickles (Ranger)

8 comments:

  1. This is really cute! I love the repeated sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Stamp-A-Ma-Jig work, Lori! Very cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ADORABLE!!! Love how you used the 'Hey Chick' to create the patterned paper panel! The colors and layout are FAB, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute, Lori. Your patterned paper is great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I love how you colored that bird and the dp you made using the greeting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cutie and the colors and design are just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you stamped the background!!! The chick looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors and the word technique is great. A must try for me.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips