Monday, September 15, 2008

Glitter Dots

Today's technique challenge on SCS was a sparkly but messy one. It involved inking a background stamp with a glue pad and covering it with lots and lots of glitter for fun effect.

Here are my results. I found some Martha Stewart glitter in a shade of blue that was a pretty close match to SU!'s Pacific Point cardstock, so I decided to use that for the background panel of my card. I covered the Distressed Dots background stamp from Unity Stamp Co. with glue from a Palette glue pad, then applied glitter. Of course, this was the moment that Cosmo the crazy dog decided to be interested in what I was doing, so he's got a glittery patch on his nose. The blue glitter looks lovely in contrast to his rusty colored fur. Hopefully that will go away faster than the big scrape across his nose has!

While I waited for the glitter to dry and settle, I worked on the main image. I used the fun dotted flower image that was available as a single a few weeks ago. I paper pieced the image to get multiple colors and some dimension. I stamped the flower part twice using different ink colors. I used a circle punch to punch out a part of the flower to form a contrasting color center.

I kept the layout simple (kind of boring, actually) to keep the focus on the fun background technique. I simply matted the image on coordinating cardstock and tied a piece of striped grosgrain ribbon around the sparkly panel to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Distressed Dots and flower image from Best Friends stamp kit (Unity Stamp Co.); lapiz lazuli glitter (Martha Stewart); glue pad (Palette); Baja Breeze, Pacific Point, and Kiwi Kiss Classic inks, Baja Breeze, Pacific Point, Kiwi Kiss, Certainly Celery, and Whisper White cardstock, Baja Breeze striped grosgrain ribbon, 3/4" circle punch, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); self-adhesive rhinestone (Michaels)

4 comments:

  1. Very cute! The flower is really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and happy card! Perfect way to end summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty and lots of bling! What more can a girl ask for! Your card is great!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not at all boring, bery cute. I like it.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips