Monday, September 1, 2008

Magic Duo

It's magic! Today's technique challenge on SCS was a fun one, called "Black Magic." I haven't pulled out my Prismacolor pencils much since I started my collection of Copic markers, so it was a nice change of pace to use them again. I used some images from Unity Stamp Co.'s Remember Happiness kit to create this pair of cards.

This one uses two of the flower images found in the kit. After stamping the images in white craft ink, I colored them in vibrant shades of blue, pink yellow and green pencils.

I embellished the dots around the flowers with some Diamond Stickles and added some self-adhesive rhinestones to the centers of the flowers, then layered the image panel on a teal mat and on a slightly larger pink mat. I found some dotted ribbon in my collection that coordinated with the pink cardstock and picked up on the dots that accent the flowers. I wrapped the ribbon around the pink panel.

I used the Threading Water punch to create a scallop edged panel for the left side of the card. To get the pink dots, I placed a scrap strip of pink cardstock under the scallops to fill in the dots. This is a nice--and easy--way to vary the look of this punch.

Materials Used:
Remember Happiness kit (Unity Stamp Co.); White craft ink, Taken with Teal, Pixie Pink, and Basic Black cardstock, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Threading Water punch (Fiskars); Diamond Stickles (Ranger); pink dotted grosgrain ribbon, self-adhesive rhinestones (Michaels); colored pencils (Prismacolor); odorless mineral spirits

The butterfly images on this card were colored with the same pencils as the flowers in the first card. When I went to put the card together, I changed the color scheme just a little bit from the first one. I ended up going brighter. Instead of using teal for my card base, I used turquoise and I added a little more green to the mix.

I used some faux stitching along the left side of the card to add another pop of white. I also added some white ribbon around the cardfront. The final element was the sentiment from the It's the Little Things stamp kit. I stamped it tone on tone along the side of the image panel. I was pleased that it fit just perfectly!

Materials Used:
Remember Happiness and It's the Little Things kits (Unity Stamp Co.); Tempting Turquoise Classic ink, White craft ink, Tempting Turquoise, Pixie Pink, Green Galore, and Basic Black cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, white gel pen, scallop edge punch, photo corner punch, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); white satin ribbon (Target); Dew Drops (Kitchen Sink Stamps); colored pencils (Prismacolor); odorless mineral spirits

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips