Saturday, September 13, 2008

Making a (Simple) Scene

I made this card using Beate's latest weekend sketch challenge. When I first looked at the sketch, I figured that I'd use some patterned paper for the large panel and just stamp the small sentiment panel. But, as you can see in the photo of the finished card, I ended up going in a completely different direction altogether.

I used images from several different Unity Stamp Co. kits to create a sort of scene, or at least my version of a scene. I'm not one of those stampers that's good at positioning images in an even remotely decent looking scene, so when I create a scene, it's a pretty simple one!

Here, I started with a panel of Baja Breeze cardstock stamped with the Distressed Dots background and distressed at the edges to match. I paper pieced one of the tree images from Giggle Grove with some patterned paper that reminded me a little of leaves. I added a Blue Bayou (doesn't this look great against the Baja Breeze??) bird from the Oh! What a Beautiful Morning kit. The scene panel is layered on a matching Always Artichoke panel, then on a Chocolate Chip panel for contrast. I really like this color combo with kraft!

I stamped the sentiment from the Mix Up of Cuteness kit in Always Artichoke ink on a Baja Breeze scrap and layered it to match the larger panel. I realized tonight that the blue sparkly flower confetti pieces I picked up at Michaels earlier in the summer are a perfect match for Baja Breeze, so I added one of those to decorate the sentiment panel. That was a good find, because I have a whole bucket full of these to use!

Materials Used:
Giggle Grove, Oh! What a Beautiful Morning, Mix Up of Cuteness, and Distressed Dots stamp sets (Unity Stamp Co.); Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, and Always Artichoke Classic inks, Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Always Artichoke, Blue Bayou, and Kraft cardstock, distressing tool, photo corner punch, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); brown satin ribbon (Target); blue flower confetti, green rhinestone (Michaels)

4 comments:

  1. Awesome Lori! Love that your created a scene on that large panel. It had me stumped for sure...lol...but the paper pieced tree is cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, I love all your cards, this one is no exception!
    Have a great weekend. Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips