Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sketches {by Tamara} Recipe Challenge #15

Here's my card for this week's recipe challenge at Sketches {by Tamara}. This week's ingredients were scalloped edges, brads, and monochromatic colors.

I decided to go with shades of my favorite color--blue. I randomly stamped the images from Snow Burst in three different shades of blue inks on white cardstock. I love the look of these funky snowflakes--so glad this one made the new SU! catalog. Then I covered the paper with Versamark and Iridescent Ice embossing powder, then heat embossed. It is so pretty and sparkly IRL! I just need to remember to do my heat embossing when the AC isn't running. There's a vent right above my stamping table and it makes the powder go everywhere. I added a photo corner to the top right corner of the image panel and embellished it with a pair of shiny silver brads.

I used scalloped edges in two places on my card. I made a scalloped background for my sentiment panel. I combined three of the words from Everyday Flexible Phrases to create it. I added another brad here, too. I also used the scallop edge punch to create a scalloped edge for the right side of the card. It doesn't show in the photo, but I attached a strip of coordinating Cool Caribbean cardstock to the inside of the card. It's visible when the card is closed and is a nice contrast to the teal cardfront.

To see more creations using this recipe, you can stop by Tamara's blog. She has posted cards and scrapbook layouts created by the other talented recipe challenge design team members.

Materials Used:
Snow Burst and Everyday Flexible Phrases stamp sets, Soft Sky, Cool Caribbean, and Taken with Teal Classic inks, Versamark, Cool Caribbean, Taken with Teal, and Whisper White cardstock, scallop edge punch, Iridescent Ice embossing powder, 1 3/8" circle punch, scallop circle punch, photo corner punch, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); 1 1/2" circle punch (EK Success); teal satin ribbon (Michaels)

8 comments:

  1. Totally love the colors you chose to use in this card - this is definitely a super card!! Great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Lori! LOVE this colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Lori! The color is beautiful. Great job with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw you on Tamara's Sketch Blog! Your blog is delightful and your cards AWESOME!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool card. I love the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice, and I loved the challenge! I had a hard time with the monochromatic at first, but then it really came together.

    You card is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job with the challenge. Love the blue and the starburst stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card, Lori! I love your images!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips