Sunday, October 5, 2008

Inspired By . . .

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. I had a request for some Halloween cards, so I figured I'd better get a few started and that this was a great place to start. I based my card on this one in Love Stampin!!!!!!!'s gallery. The layout really caught my eye.

Since I liked the layout so much, I kept that part of my card pretty much the same. I used one of the images from the Trick or Treat Peeps from Unity Stamp Co. These little stick figures are so cute! I colored the witch image with Copic markers and added a little bit of Stickles, too. The image is layered under a green oval frame, then an amethyst oval frame. I embossed the amethyst panel with the Swiss Dot Cuttlebug folder.

Instead of using an oval panel for the sentiment, I changed it to a circle. I used a Stamp-a-ma-jig to position the words to fit the circle and added a brad as an embellishment. I found some green gingham ribbon to tie around the frames to finish the card. This was quick and easy to do (thanks to oval Nestabilities for cutting the frames!)--I may make a few more of this one using different images in the frame.

Materials Used:
Trick or Treat Peeps kit (Unity Stamp Co.); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); white cardstock (Xerox); Lime Green Stickles (Ranger); oval dies (Nestabilities); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Elegant Eggplant Classic ink, Almost Amethyst, Elegant Eggplant, and Certainly Celery cardstock, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); green gingham ribbon (Walmart); 1 1/8" circle punch (EK Success)

And, I have one more Unity Stamp Co. creation to share. Sherry, another Unity fan, posted a challenge here to use your bedspread as inspiration for a card. I had been thinking about that for a while actually (yes--you can find inspiration everywhere). So, here's my version. I'll spare you a picture of my comforter, which is covered in Cosmo the crazy dog's fur. And, the sheets are in the wash right now, so the bed's completely unmade (bad planning for the timing of the challenge, I know . . .)

I used the colors and the repeated circle pattern of my comforter as the inspiration for the card. The focal image on the card is the made from the large circle image from Circle of Thanks and several of the larger border images. I placed a trio of coppery brads under the sentiment to continue the circle element. The card base is Sahara Sand. I used Blue Bayou and Chocolate Chip as the accent colors on the card. These three colors are the closest matches I could find for the colors on my comforter.
The "so much!" portion of the sentiment is stamped in Vanilla craft ink for a nice contrast. It's hard to seen in the photo, but I have a row of paper piercing along the bottom of the large Chocolate Chip panel to add some more circle elements to the card. I tied a piece of coordinating twill tape across the cardfront to complete the card.

Materials Used:
Circle of Thanks kit (Unity Stamp Co.); Blue Bayou, Chocolate Chip, and Sahara Sand Classic inks, Very Vanilla craft ink, Sahara Sand, Blue Bayou, and Chocolate Chip cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); circle dies (Nestabilities); twill tape (Martha Stewart); copper brads (Making Memories)

2 comments:

  1. Great card- I love the colors!! I so desperately want a new comforter set......

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both great! what a great idea to use your own comforter as a challenge!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips