Sunday, October 5, 2008

Hey Cupcake!

I picked up a cute cupcake set and and a set of matching sentiments from Starving Artistamps last weekend at the stamp show I attended. It's so cute! I mean, you can't have enough images featuring this sweet treat, can you? I couldn't resist using the big cupcake image for this week's sketch challenge at Taylored Expressions.

I stamped the large cupcake image in black ink and colored it with Copic markers. I really like the doodle-y look and shape of the image. I cut out the cupcake and the scalloped mat using Nestabilities dies. For a little shimmer, I painted over the pink part of the cupcake with some Angel Wings Shimmerz paints. It added just a hint of sparkle--more subtle than Stickles and less mess and dry time, too.

I used the "Hey cupcake!" sentiment to create the panel behind the cupcake. I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the words and space them evenly. What a great tool! I used Regal Rose ink so the words would stand out from the Pink Pirouette panel. I gathered pieces of pink taffeta ribbon to create a ruffled border along the stamped panel. This is such a fun way to use ribbon--and a good excuse to order more of the taffeta, too.

It's really hard to see in the photo, but I stamped the smaller cupcake image from the set on the Regal Rose cardfront panel using Crystal Blush Opalite ink. The ink is a shimmery, reflective ink--so cool IRL!

Materials Used:
cupcake image and sentiment (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Regal Rose Classic ink, Regal Rose, Pink Pirouette, and Close to Cocoa cardstock, Pretty in Pink taffeta ribbon, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Opalite Crystal Blush ink (Kitchen Sink Stamps); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); Angel Wings Shimmerz (All That Scraps); paper flowers and rhinestone brad (Target dollar spot); Stamp-a-ma-jig

4 comments:

  1. So cute. Love the angled layout & the rufflie ribbon! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the ruffled ribbon! Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yah! Love it Lori! You can NEVER have too many cupcake images and this one is awesome! GREAT colouring...perfect ruffle ribbon and colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delectable! the sentiment background is so perfect that I thought it was computer generated! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips