Friday, October 31, 2008

Next!

I think the last of the trick or treaters have passed through my neighborhood for the night, signaling the end (almost) of the Halloween season. Now, it's time to shift gears here, too. So, I have a wintery card to share here today.

I made this wintery-themed card for Lauren’s Saturday sketch challenge. I used Papertrey Ink’s Snowfall set for the images and sentiment on the card. The mittens are stamped on white cardstock with Pure Poppy ink, then embellished with a single snowflake image stamped in Silver Encore ink. I love the look of the silver against the red background! I trimmed around the mittens and attached them to Aqua Mist panels using dimensionals.

The smaller accent images are also snowflakes stamped with Silver Encore ink. I used a ¾” circle punch to punch them out, then layered them on a slightly larger 7/8” circle before attaching them to the cardfront. I embellished the centers with tiny self-adhesive rhinestones.

The sentiment is stamped on a shimmery white cardstock panel, matted with a Pure Poppy panel. I had wanted to use a wintery patterned paper here, but couldn’t find one that coordinated well enough. I may go back and stamp some small snowflakes on the panel using Aqua Mist ink . . .

Materials Used:
Snowfall stamp set, Pure Poppy Palette ink, Encore Silver ink, Pure Poppy, Aqua Mist, Ocean Tides, and Shimmery White cardstock (Papertrey Ink); ¾” and 7/8” circle punches (EK Success); self-adhesive rhinestones (Michaels); dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!)

I can't let Halloween pass without sharing a photo or two of Cosmo the crazy dog dressed up in costume for Halloween. He started the night in a skeleton costume that I had picked up at Target. It seemed too small and too tight for him, even though I got an extra large, so I switched it out for something else.

The something else was a Yoda costume I got last year on clearance. I'm not a big Star Wars fan, but with his floppy ears, he is kind of Yoda-ish on his own, I think. He looked so cute all decked out! I was amazed that he even let me put the Yoda ears on his head. Usually he doesn't tolerate anything on his head, but for some reason, he left the ears alone tonight.

And, I have to say that I wasn't the only one who took a photo of Cosmo tonight. One of the parents of one of the kids in the first group of trick or treaters at my door asked if she could take his picture. He was thrilled! Later on in the evening, a child in a Star Wars costume asked if I'd trade dogs with her--she thought he was really cute. Although there are moments when I'd like to trade him in, I turned her down nicely. I've invested way too much $$$ in this dog to trade him at this point!

6 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, how cute is Cosmo?! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh, Lori! My daughters and I are laughing our heads off at Cosmo! That costume is the bomb! I love how they make the arms hanging from the front! It looks exactly like a little person standing there with a big ole' dog head! We've GOT to get a costume for Dexter to wear next year! Too cute!

    Oh, the card is cute too, but Cosmo takes center stage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Lori!! I love Cosmo just to cute!! I thought someone spiked my coffee I kept looking at that and thinking how is your dog standing up like that. and why are his legs so short!!! OMG!!! Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card! They colors and layout are fabulous! And OMG, your dog looks adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK At frist my c0mment was how great your card is, then I quickly thought OMGosh that dog looks SOOOO cute in the costume! That is HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card & Cosmo, ROFL. That is just too kewl for school! :O)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips