Saturday, November 1, 2008

Shoebox Swap--The November Edition

I’m off to yet another shoebox swap near Baltimore this morning. Maria from Kitchen Sink Stamps has generously donated 4 KSS sets as door prizes for the swap. I can’t wait to see who the lucky winners will be!

Here’s my card for the swap. There wasn’t a set theme for the swap, so I decided to create a masculine card since stampers are always saying that they need ideas for those. I used the medallion image from Baroque Motifs as the focal image for the card. It’s stamped in Always Artichoke ink on cardstock. To add some interest but keep the card masculine, I added a silver brad to the center of the medallion, a ribbon tab on one side of the panel, and a photo corner punch on the other side.

I kept the rest of the card pretty simple. The Not Quite Navy panel on the cardfront is stamped with the Twill background to create a textured look. I also included some faux stitching along the side of the Chocolate Chip panel. The “happy birthday” sentiment is stamped in Chocolate Chip ink. I figure that my fellow shoebox swappers can either use this sentiment or one of the many others from the Fundamental Phrases stamp set.

Materials Used (all from Stampin’ Up!):
Baroque Motifs, Fundamental Phrases, and Twill stamp sets, Not Quite Navy, Chocolate Chip, and Always Artichoke Classic inks, Not Quite Navy, Chocolate Chip, Always Artichoke, Mellow Moss and Confetti Cream cardstock, silver brad, mat pack and paper piercing tool, wide chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon, photo corner punch, dimensionals

4 comments:

  1. Nice card for a swap. I'm sure your swappers will be so happy to get masculine cards. I know I would!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card - swapping or not. The colors are great as well as the layout. So, appropriate with any saying. Thanks for such a great idea.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved doing this card at the swap! It is very rich looking in real life! The perfect guy card!
    My college sons loved it!
    THanks!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful color combination for this masculine card, Lori! I always look forward to making your card at the shoebox swaps!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips