Saturday, October 25, 2008

Papertrey Ink Blog Hop

It's time for another Papertrey Ink Blog Hop. This month's Blog Hop theme is polka dots. Papertrey has lots of great polka dot items to choose from, including the new patterned paper from this month's release. I showcased that fun paper in my projects tonight.





I haven't made one of these cute, quick totes in a long time. I thought it would be fun to step it up a little from the ones I've made before and to incorporate some polka dots along the way.

I scored and cut the Ocean Tides cardstock to make the tote, then used my Scor-Pal to create a diagonal grid pattern like you might find on a fancy quilted purse. Looks great IRL! I embellished the tote by using one of the small dot stamps from Polka Dot Basics to stamp Ocean Tides at the points where the score lines intersect.

I used some of the new Polka Dot Parade paper to create the panel for the front of the purse. I ran some Ripe Avocado stitched grosgrain ribbon along the sides of the panel for a handle. Using stitched ribbon is so much easier than doing faux stitching on paper as I've done with some of these totes in the past.

I couldn't leave the tote empty, so I created a set of 4 cards to go inside. I used polka dot patterned paper and ribbon along with varied combinations of coordinating solid cardstock to assemble the cards. To speed up the card-making process (and meet the Blog Hop deadline, too), I kept the layout the same for each card. I just changed up the color combinations and sentiments. I went with a variety of sentiments to make this an all-purpose gift for someone, not sure who just yet.

Materials Used:
Polka Dot Basics and Mixed Messages stamp sets, Ocean Tides, Ripe Avocado, and Aqua Mist Palette inks, Ripe Avocado, Ocean Tides, Aqua Mist and White cardstock, Polka Dot Parade patterned paper, Ripe Avocado stitched grosgrain ribbon, Ocean Tides Swiss dot satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, silver brads, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); 1 1/2" circle punch (EK Success)

33 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!! I love all the score lines and I love the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute set! Love the score lines too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is super de duper Lori
    cute cute cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I need to try a set like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great set! Love it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a great set! Love the colors and scoring you did! :-)I'm sure whoever gets this gift will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A scored and dotted card tote - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! Love the quilted look with the dots :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fabulous set - love the colous, score lines dots, everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This set is super, I'm going to have to case you!!! Great job

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the lines and dots! Reminds me to connect lines with dots... I should have tried that, lol lol!

    ReplyDelete
  12. aww. so cute. i love making these little bags. the cards are so simple and fresh. great job

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love this bag! So cute. Aren't you just in love with the avocado color. it is so nice, especially with the combo you chose.
    k

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful set. Love the purse.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous tote & cards; love it!!! The score lines are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMGoodness! These are all gorgeous! Very well done, awesome project :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous project!! Love the layouts you did for the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great project!! I love those totes...they are perfect for holding gift sets.
    ~Lacey
    www.handstampedbylacey.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. The score lines are a nice added touch. this would be a great gift to receive, and a great way to present a few cards.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great set. Those score lines are beautiful on the purse. -Molly B

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the purse Lori! and the cards just top it off perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This tote is SOOO cute--don't you love that new paper from PTI? It looks great on your project!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute project! Love how you scored the diamond pattern and then accented it with the polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  24. A great project!! This would make wonderful gifts to give at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lori! I love this and those cards are soooo pretty. Now I think I MUST get those two colors, they look fabulous togethere. great job on the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is beautiful and a wonderful gift idea!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips