Sunday, October 26, 2008

Celebrate with Cake

I have time for just a quick post before I head off to a class at my not-so-local stamp store. I'm taking a class using Stamping Bella images and Prima flowers--fun combo!

Here's a card I made for today's featured stamper challenge on SCS. You can find the original version of the card here. I changed the images used and added a few layers and embellishments, too.

I used the sweetheart cake image from Unity Stamp Co.'s Simple Pleasures, but minus the heart, for my main image. I paper pieced the cake using a scrap of dotted red paper. I picked this scrap to match the dotted background on the cardfront. The cake is embellished with a tiny Prima with an equally tiny crystal dot at the center. I inked just the word "celebrate" from one of the sentiment stamps and stamped that along the side of the image panel.

Instead of using a strip of ric rac across the panel on the lower portion of the card, I tied a knot at the center of a strip of red grosgrain ribbon, then placed that across the panel. I like the clean, simple look of this.

I'm off to collect my things for the class. I'll be back later . . .

Materials Used:
Simple Pleasures stamp kit, Distressed Dots background (Unity Stamp Co.); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Real Red Craft ink, Real Red, Bashful Blue, Pacific Point, and Whisper White cardstock, Real Red Prints Series designer paper, Real Red marker, Real Red wide grosgrain ribbon, glue dot, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); flower (Prima); clear crystal dot (Martha Stewart)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful lori. Love the cake and colors. Have fun with Primas and Bellas...you can't go wrong. Can't wait to see what you make.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips