Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Unity Challenge: Week 10

Wow--it's the 10th week of the Unity Customer Challenge already! This week's challenge chooser is Cyndi. She gave us a list of items to include in our challenge creation to coincide with with the "think pink" theme for October's designation as breast cancer awareness month.

Cyndi's challenge included 4 parts, spelling out the word "hope":
H=include something representing “hope”
O= use ribbon ON your card
P=use pink (of course)
E=include a metal eMbellishment

How to include first three items came to me pretty easily. I must admit that initially I was a little stuck on the E/M part. I was glad to hear from the other challenge participants that I wasn't alone in feeling this way!

Fortunately, in my search through my craft room to find something that fit the requirements, I found the most perfect thing—a metallic word embellishment reading “hope.” I picked this up in the dollar bins at Michaels a while ago, thinking I might want to use it (and the other two words in the package) for something someday. After that discovery, the card pretty much came together quickly.

I knew I wanted to keep the panels on my card monochromatic, so I stamped one of the images from Serenity=Joy in Regal Rose craft ink on Pink Pirouette cardstock, then matted the panel with Regal Rose cardstock. I found a scrap of dotted patterned paper in my scrap pile to use for a panel behind the stamped image. I positioned these panels on a kraft card base. I incorporated a little more pink by running a scrap of wide pink grosgrain ribbon across the cardfront. I attached the self-adhesive metal embellishment along the bottom of the cardfront to complete the card.

You can find links to the other Unity Customer Challenge participants in the sidebar to the right. You can check out their challenge creations for more Unity inspiration.

Materials Used:
Serenity=Joy stamp kit (Unity Stamp Co.); Regal Rose Craft ink, Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose, and Kraft Cardstock, Bali Breeze designer paper (Stampin’ Up!); wide pink grosgrain ribbon, self-adhesive metal word (Michaels); clear Stardust pen (Sakura)



And, since I’m running out of time to use these cute images before Halloween’s over, I pulled out The “Boo” Crew to do Amber’s latest Unity sketch challenge, posted in the Unity forum on SCS. The trio of little characters are stamped on white cardstock, cut out with oval Nestabilities dies, and colored with Copic markers. I added some glittery accents and wiggly eyes as embellishments.

The images were colored to coordinate with the My Mind’s Eye patterned paper on the cardfront. The “boo!” sentiment is heat embossed in white directly on the patterned paper. For some reason, I don’t have good luck with heat embossing in white. I stamped the image with white craft ink, then covered it with white embossing powder, but it’s still not really a solid image.

Materials Used:
The “Boo” Crew and Oh Spooky Day me too kits (Unity Stamp Co.); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers, glitter pens (Copic); White Craft ink, Winter White embossing powder, Pumpkin Pie and Apricot Appeal cardstock, Basic Black grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); patterned paper (My Mind’s Eye Night Light line—Dotted Corn); oval dies (Nestabilities); orange grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); wiggly eyes

9 comments:

  1. LOVE the challenge card....such a simple pretty image.
    AWESOME job with the boo crew too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are fantastic! don't you love finding something in your stash that you forgot you had?? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very elegant!!! Your BOO card is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how gorgeous! How lucky to have that word in metal!! This card was meant to be! LOL! Love the boo crew too, I sure needed that set....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori, the HOPE card is so simple and pretty! I love it! The Boo card is darn cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori, So simple, so perfectly perfect. Love both cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so soft, sweet and very beautiful!
    the little boo card is great too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card. I love the colors, the stamp and the "hope" charm. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lori- both cards are just AWESOME. love your challenge card, so soft and pretty. The boo crew card is just adorable. WOW. Great work. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips