Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Sketches {by Tamara}: Recipe 21

Here’s my card for this week’s recipe at Sketches {by Tamara}. The three required elements for this week’s challenge were punches, bling, and a non-stamping related item.

The non-stamping related item had me stumped for a while, then I came up with the perfect solution. I created a glitter window card using packing tape as the non-stamping related thing. So easy and elegant looking, too!

I used the dotted circle image from Papertrey Ink’s Borders & Corners: Circles set along with one of the snowflake images from Rustic Snowflakes to create a patterned panel for the cardfront. I stamped the images in Ocean Tides ink on Aqua Mist cardstock—those two colors look so nice together.

I used circle punches to create the space for the window on the cardfront. I punched a larger circle in the Aqua Mist panel, then punched a slightly smaller circle in a scrap of Ocean Tides cardstock and layered this under the Aqua Mist panel to create a frame for the snowflake within the window. The snowflake was stamped in Ocean Tides ink on a piece of white cardstock, then attached behind the glittery opening made with packing tape covered with glitter.

I stamped one of the sentiments from the Snowfall set on a layered panel across the cardfront. It’s embellished with a pair of clear crystal dots for a little more bling.

To see more cards and layouts featuring this recipe, you can stop by Tamara’s blog.

Materials Used:
Borders & Corners: Circles, Rustic Snowflakes, and Snowfall stamp sets, Aqua Mist and Ocean Tides Palette inks, Ocean Tides, Aqua Mist, and white cardstock (Papertrey Ink); 1 ¾” circle punch, Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin’ Up!); 2” circle punch (Marvy Uchida); clear crystal dots (Martha Stewart); packing tape

3 comments:

  1. I like the card Lori. I am not usually a big fan of snowflakes but they are growing on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, and very clever on the non-scrapbooking related item! That had me stumped too! I used a ticket and a stub! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your glitter window card, Lori. Very elegant and oh, so pretty. The soft colors of your card goes so nicely with snowflakes. Beautifully done!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips