Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tear Drop Tulips

I almost sat this one out! Today's color challenge on SCS was to include Pixie Pink, Tangerine Tango, and Kiwi Kiss together on one tiny cardfront. I just wasn't sure about this.

Then I started thinking about what kinds of images I might use with these colors and came up with this. I combined some of the tear drop shaped images from the Pretty Tear Drops set from Kitchen Sink Stamps to create these sort of tulip shaped flowers for this quick and easy card. I don't have Tangerine Tango ink, so I substituted Pumpkin Pie ink instead. I added the stem and another tear drop shape as a leaf using Kiwi Kiss ink.

I have a bunch of different patterns and colors of flocked papers that I got at Target a while ago and one is in a Pixie Pink-ish shade. I always have a hard time finding the right projects to use it on and thought that it might work for this one. It adds some texture to the bold, solid images. I created a layered sentiment panel with a scalloped circle as a base and added a matching scalloped border to the flocked paper to finish the card. I have to admit, by the time I was through, this color combination had grown on me. I probably won't use it often, but it's not as scary as it seemed!

Materials Used:
Pretty Tear Drop and Never a Loss 4 Words stamp sets , Dew Drops(Kitchen Sink Stamps); Pixie Pink, Pumpkin Pie, and Kiwi Kiss Classic inks, Pixie Pink, Pumpkin Pie, Kiwi Kiss, and Whisper White cardstock, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, scallop circle punch, scallop edge punch, Kiwi Kiss striped grosgrain ribbon, dimensional (Stampin' Up!); flocked paper (Target); 1 1/2" circle punch (EK Success)

1 comment:

  1. It worked, you did a great job with the challenge. I'm usually lacking on the colors for the color challenges.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips