Sunday, October 19, 2008

One Sweet, One Spooky

I made this cute cupcake themed card for this week's cupcake challenge at Taylored Expressions. I thought that Rupert, the DoodleFactory creature from Starving Artistamps, would look really cute with a cupcake in his hands.

I stamped Rupert on white cardstock, omitting the flower he was holding in his hand. I guess I could have left in it since the cupcake image covers where the flower would have shown. I stamped the small cupcake from the Simple Birthdays set on a scrap of cardstock. I colored the images with Copic markers to coordinate with the brightly striped patterned paper panel I placed at the bottom of the card. Once I was done coloring, I cut out the cupcake and placed it on the image panel using dimensionals. I embellished the panel with a trio of sparkly yellow brads.

For the sentiment I used a Stampendous thought bubble sticker. These are perfect for this sketch! I filled in the empty space with a scrap of pink cardstock and stamped the words on the pink in a deeper pink ink. This is attached to the card with dimensionals.

Materials Used:
Simple Birthday set, DoodleFactory Creature (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Berry Sorbet Palette ink, Berry Sorbet, Lemon Tart, Summer Sunrise, and Sweet Blush cardstock, Lemon Tart twill (Papertrey Ink); patterned paper (My Mind's Eye); thought bubble sticker (Stampendous-Just a Thought); rhinestone brads, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!)

Here’s another fun DoodleFactory card with a Halloween theme, created for this week’s card sketch at Page Plans. I picked the color combination from SU!’s Mix it Up document, a listing of color combos including this year’s In Colors. This is a mix of colors I probably wouldn’t have gone to on my own, but I really like it for these images.

The main image is from the DoodleFactory Halloween II set from Starving Artistamps. I stamped the image twice, once on Pale Plum and once on a scrap of white cardstock. I colored the image on the white cardstock using Copic markers and added a little glitter, too. I cut this out and attached it over the bubbling cauldron I had stamped on the Pale Plum cardstock, then created a raised scalloped circle frame to go around the image using Nestabilities dies.

The panel on the lower portion of the cardfront is made by using half of the Cuttlebug Skeleton Scroll embossing folder. I rubbed the raised portions of the embossed image using a shimmery white ink to highlight them. I wrapped a piece of Plum Pudding grosgrain ribbon around the cardfront. It’s a slightly different shade of purple, but I think it still works. I added a matching sentiment to finish the card.

Materials Used:
cauldron image, sentiment (DoodleFactory Halloween II from Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Perfect Plum Classic ink, Kiwi Kiss, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, and Chocolate Chip cardstock, Dazzling Diamonds, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); circle, scalloped circle, and label dies (Nestabilities); Plum Pudding grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Skeleton Scroll embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Moonlight White pigment ink (Brilliance)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips