Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Unity Challenge: Week 7

This week's challenge is hosted by Jess at Kindred Arts. The challenge was to create a card that was non-A2 sized. I went with a trio of square cards using Unity's The Boo Crew. Although in the past I've said I don't like doing square cards, I'm finding that I'm growing to like square cards . . .

I started my design with the candy corn patterned paper and designed the rest of the cards around that. I used the same layout for each of the 4 1/4" square cards, just varying the focal image and the combinations of solid papers.

I used a zig zag stitch on my sewing machine to stitch a narrow strip of solid paper to the patterned paper strips for contrast before attaching the panel to the cardfront. On each card, I matted the stamped image on a piece of cardstock to match the solid strip and contrast with the color of the cardfront. I stamped the "trick or treat . . ." sentiment in the bottom right corner in contrasting ink. Quick and easy, and cute, too! I'll have some more Boo Crew stuff to share on another day.

Here's a look at the other two cards in the trio. You can find links to the other challenge participants in the sidebar on the right. I'm sure you'll find lots of ideas for non-standard shaped and sized cards as you browse around.

Materials Used:
The Boo Crew (Unity Stamp Co.); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Lemon Tart and Summer Sunrise cardstock, Lemon Tart twill, Summer Sunrise grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Pumpkin Pie Classic ink, White Craft ink, Basic Black cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (K & Company); orange dotted ribbon (Morex); self-adhesive rhinestones (Michaels) sewing machine

24 comments:

  1. Omg, these are too cute! Love all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori,
    These are sooooo cute. I love what you did with the Boo Crew. Thanks for the inspiration. Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori what a great set! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun little set..these are darling! smiles....

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are TOO TOO CUTE!!! I love them - love square cards too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your square cards! The papers, colors, and images are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha ... I just love these cards ! Tooooooooo cute ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so cute and the lil monsters just make it cuter

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! Those are the cutest Halloween guys! What great stamps and awesome cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute little trio, Lori! love those little guys.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such cute cards! Love square cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lori- love the trio of cards, they are just toooooo adorable!! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, these are TOO CUTE!! Great job, Lori! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. love these
    the colors
    your ribbon
    the stitching
    FABULOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I need that paper! This is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. heh heh heh, looking at this reminds me I have some Hallowe'n paper. I'd better hustle and use it.
    Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are adorable! Love that little vampire!

    ReplyDelete
  19. these are WAY cute! I love square cards!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips