Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Thank You Tins

As soon as I saw the Year of Thanks limited edition anniversary set from Kitchen Sink Stamps, I knew the images would be the perfect embellishment for an alterable item I’d just added to my collection.

During a recent stop at the Dollar Tree, I found a package containing a trio of metal treat tins that were a little plain, but definitely had potential. I found that the round lids were the perfect size for the images from the Year of Thanks set.

I stamped some of the images from the set in pigment inks, then heat embossed them with Iridescent Ice embossing powder for some extra sparkle. I punched out or trimmed around the embossed images, then attached them to coordinating layered circles to add color to the tins.

I added a coordinating strip of patterned paper around the base of some of the tins. I’ve found that Sticky Strip holds the paper the best. I tied a strip of narrow grosgrain ribbon around the tins to finish the decoration. Mine are filled with M&M’s—yum!

Materials Used:
Year of Thanks stamp set (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Bashful Blue and Regal Rose Craft inks, Brocade Blue, Night of Navy, Pink Pirouette, Rose Red, Regal Rose, and Whisper White cardstock, Loves Me designer paper, 1 3/8" circle punch, scallop circle punch, mat pack and paper piercing tool, Iridescent Ice embossing powder, Pretty in Pink and Night of Navy grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals, Sticky Strip (Stampin' Up!); 1 1/2" circle punch (EK Success)

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful set Lori!! What a fun gift to receive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Love the hearts n scallops. Those are adorable tins. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. look at these delightful little tins! great set!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips