Thursday, November 13, 2008

Clearly Celebrating

I realized that I hadn't shared this card here (or anywhere else!) yet and that it fit one of today's Hip Hop challenges in the Unity forum on SCS. So, here it is.

The challenge was to create a card with a clear element. This one is clear on the outside. I folded a piece of acetate, then stamped the funky, swirly Hullabaloo image in black Staz-on ink. I used a mixture of reinkers and Crystal Effects, plus a little Dazzling Diamonds tossed in for some sparkle, to color in some of the open spaces in the image. It's hard to see in the picture, but I used two different color mixtures so that there'd be a little variation in the design.

I created the inside for the card using a piece of Pink Pirouette cardstock, edged with a Berry Sorbet scalloped strip. I stamped the "celebrate" sentiment across the bottom of the card in Regal Rose craft ink. To hold the two pieces together, I tied a strip of satin Berry Sorbet ribbon around them. A glue dot, hidden underneath the knot in the ribbon, secures the acetate layer to the cardstock layer.

I must admit that there were two complicated elements in the making of this card. The first was waiting (patiently or not so patiently) for the Crystal Effects mixture to dry. The second was photographing the clear card with a minimum of reflections. I do like the look of clear cards, though, so I think the trouble was worth it.

Materials Used:
Sentiments O' Simple and Hullabaloo stamp kits (Unity Stamp Co.); Pink Pirouette and Regal Rose reinkers, Regal Rose Craft ink, Pink Pirouette cardstock, scallop edge punch, Crystal Effects, Dazzling Diamonds, silver cord, glue dot (Stampin' Up!); Berry Sorbet cardstock, Berry Sorbet satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink)

7 comments:

  1. Wow! This is amazing Lori....fab job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very neat card Lori!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is FABULOUS! Great design! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is FABULOUS! Great design! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Lori. Love the scallop edge and the main image in the corner! Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This may be my very favorite card. Well worth the time I know you must have spent. Truly terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great card!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips