Friday, November 14, 2008

Blogger Challenge: Week 73

This week’s blogger challenge was a color challenge using Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla or Whisper White. I love brown and blue together, so I knew I’d enjoy this challenge.

I used Best Wishes & More, the stamp set I received at last weekend’s SU! regional seminar for my card. I stamped the snowflake image randomly in Very Vanilla craft ink on a Baja Breeze piece cut with the Top Note die. Then I covered the stamped images with some Very Vanilla embossing powder and heat embossed the images.

I stamped a single snowflake in Baja Breeze ink on a scrap of Very Vanilla cardstock, then punched this out using a 1 3/8” circle punch. I stuck a blue rhinestone brad through the center, then attached it to a Chocolate Chip scalloped circle with dimensionals. The sentiment “ready, set, snow!” was stamped in Very Vanilla craft ink on a piece of Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon. The craft ink looks really nice stamped on the ribbon. It doesn’t bleed at the edges like dye inks tend do.

I covered the cardfront with a piece of Pinstriped paper from Sassafras Lass I got from i {heart} papers. The colors in the pattern coordinate perfectly with the challenge colors. I layered this and the Top Note piece on a Chocolate Chip card base to complete the card.

For more inspiration using these colors, you can visit the other challenge participants. Links to their blogs are found in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used:
Best Wishes & More stamp set, Baja Breeze Classic ink, Very Vanilla Craft ink, Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, and Very Vanilla cardstock, Very Vanilla embossing powder, Chocolate Chip 5/8” grosgrain ribbon, 1 3/8” circle punch, scallop circle punch, rhinestone brad, Top Note die, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); patterned paper (Sassafras Lass-Pinstriped)

25 comments:

  1. Oh, I love how you stamped on the grosgrain ribbon, Lori! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't this a lovely card. Your snowflakes look fantastic on your die cut! Wonderful embellishments to enhance this great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soo pretty! Love the stamping on the ribbon...and the DP is fabulous! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabtastical card Lori!!! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori - this is sooo pretty! We both had snowflakes on the brain with these colors! LOL TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful - love the embossed snowflakes on the die cut, great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very, very pretty!!! The snowflakes on the Top Note die look awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoaaaaa Ho..Hoo..your card says..Love the snow flakes and dots.
    you make me feel like winter.
    connie paxman

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome! I love the fun patterns. So bright and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute and wintery card. Love the snowflakes, embossing on the ribbon and what a cute sentiment and perfect DP.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fabulous. The Baja really pops! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lori, "wicked" cute. Great card. The embossing adds a great effect. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty, Lori - great idea with the ribbon too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all the snowflakes. That top note die is so versatile. Beautiful card and beautiful work...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card! I like the blue and brown together!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is awesome, I love your combination of dots and snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE this Lori!!! These are some of my fave colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic card! The colors are great, the stamping on the ribbon is really cool, and the overall look is top notch!

    Just got my Top Note die. Can't wait to play!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is fantastic Lori! Love the polka dots! :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the little stamped ribbon piece!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a cute winter card! Makes me wish for snow! :) Eeeks...did I just say that?

    ReplyDelete
  22. That IS the perfect paper for this color combo! LOVELY card! I love the top note with this, too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOL! I had a similar layout in my head, but went a different direction! Great job! Love your card...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this! You used my favorite die, the Top Note! You've created a beautiful card...and thanks for a mini preview of that new set!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips