Thursday, November 6, 2008

Gratitude

With the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday, lots of people's thoughts are turning to gratitude. With that in mind, the first Paper Craft Planet Design Team Gallery theme is gratitude. Yes, that's something to be thankful for--I've been asked to join the design team at Paper Craft Planet. I'm so excited about this opportunity to work with a design team full of amazingly talented crafters and to help build an interactive online community for crafters, too.

Here's my gallery project for this week. As I thought about what I'd make for this week, I knew that I wanted my first project for the DT gallery to reflect my real cardmaking style--clean and simple--and this card definitely fits that description.

This metal "thanks" tag caught my eye as I was wandering through Michaels last weekend. It's intended to be tied on to a gift package or bag, but I immediately saw it as the focal point for a card and now, here it is. I threaded a piece of dark brown twill through the loop at the end of the tag and attached it to this simple cardfront.

I chose a piece of striped patterned paper that reflects the earthy colors of fall. It's matted on a More Mustard panel, then attached to the kraft cardfront.

I embellished the card with a layered pair of Prima flowers that coordinated with the striped paper. There's a gold sparkly dot at the center as a simple embellishment.

The biggest challenge I had with this card was photographing it. I didn't consider that the metal tag would reflect what was surrounding it, like the red Wisconsin t-shirt I was wearing when I was holding the camera. It took some tricky positioning of lights, camera, and other objects to get a somewhat decent picture. The things we do . . .

To see the other talented Paper Craft Planet DT members' creations, stop by the gallery. And, don't miss the first Paper Craft Planet sketch challenge. It will be posted in the Sketch Challenge group on Saturday.

Materials Used:
More Mustard and Kraft cardstock, Crystal Effects, glue dots (Stampin' Up!); Dark Chocolate twill (Papertrey Ink); flowers (Prima-Festive White collection); gold Bella dot (Stamping Bella); patterned paper (Me & My Big Ideas-Harvest pad); thanks tag (Colorbok)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips