Thursday, November 20, 2008

Houndstooth Fall

I made this card for Kristina's latest color challenge. This week's colors were Close to Cocoa, Elegant Eggplant, Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron, and Whisper White. They had a fall feeling to me when I looked at them all together, so that's the direction I took for my card.

I combined three different images from Verve's Tall Oaks set for the focal image panel. I started with the acorn and masked it so that I could place the pumpkins around it. I used Copic markers (coordinating with Close to Cocoa and Pumpkin Pie) to color the images. It's hard to tell in my photo, but the image is matted on an Elegant Eggplant panel.

I embossed a piece of So Saffron cardstock with the Cuttlebug Houndstooth folder, then cut it out with my SU! Top Note die. I don't know what it is, but something about the houndstooth pattern makes me think of Fall. I cut off part of one long side to form the panel on my cardfront. I wrapped a piece of ribbon around it for some interest.

The Pumpkin Pie panel is stamped with SU!'s Linen background stamp for a textured look. I stamped the "give thanks" image in the lower right corner. It *just* fit! My final addition to the card was the photo corner, embellished with a pair of sparkly gold Dew Drops to dress it up just a little.

Materials Used:
Tall Oaks stamp set (Verve Stamps); Rich Cocoa ink (Memento); white cardstock (Xerox); markers (Copic Ciao); Linen stamp set, Pumpkin Pie Classic ink, Pumpkin Pie, Close to Cocoa, So Saffron, and Elegant Eggplant cardstock, photo corner punch, Top Note die, Chocolate Chip 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Houndstooth embossing folder (Cuttlebug); gold Dew Drops (Kitchen Sink Stamps)

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful Lori. Love those colors. I finally got in my big shot frame. Love this...I might be CASing soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those colours are lovely together! Wonderful fall card Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely! I struggled with this color challenge last night and am NOT happy with mine, but I might post it later anyway. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Thanksgiving ccard Lori! ~Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Thanksgiving card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute card! I love the textured top note!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips