Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Balloon Bunny and Bitty Bloom

I am so not feeling today's sketch from today's SCS sketch challenge! This is actually my second try (definitely not sharing the first!) and I'm still not thrilled about what I've come up with, so I don't have a lot to say about this one. I think it might work as a kid's birthday card.

I used the Lucky Bunnies set from Pink Poison for the main image. I colored the image with Copic markers and embellished it with a little white Fun Flock on the belly--cute! I really should use Fun Flock more often. It's a nice detail, but I always forget to pull it out. I stamped the balloon a second time, colored it, then attached it to the image with a dimensional. It's covered with a coating of Crystal Effects for a shiny look.

I cut patterned paper pieces from a My Mind's Eye paper pad SU!'s Patterns series pad to form the border around the card. I embellished the corners with brads. By far not my favorite Pink Poison card--I promise that on Friday night, I'll have more Pink Poison stuff to share that I'm much happier with than I am with this. . .

Materials Used:
Lucky Bunnies stamp set (Pink Poison); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Pacific Point and Real Red cardstock, Real Red Patterns designer paper, Crystal Effects, silver brads, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); white Fun Flock (Stampendous); patterned paper (My Mind's Eye)

I like this one much better! I used Julee's Mojo Monday sketch as the basis for it. I used one of the new Bitty Blooms images from Stamping Bella for the main image. It's colored with Copic markers. The flower centers are covered with Gunmetal Stickles for some shimmer. I actually managed to avoid dropping the card face down while the Stickles set, which is unusual for me.

I used a combination of striped and dotted pink papers for the panel on the front to coordinate with the color I used for the dress. I went with light shades of pink, matted on a bold red border with a scalloped edge. I tied a strip of red satin ribbon around the panels to bring in a little more of the bold color.

I guess now that I've broken in to my newly arrived Bella stuff, it's time to go find it a home. The pile on my desk just isn't working for me . . .

Materials Used:
Poppy Bittybloom image (Stamping Bella); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Pink Pirouette and Real Red cardstock, Pink Pirouette Patterns and Washington Apple designer paper, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Gunmetal Stickles (Ranger); red satin ribbon (Target); red self-adhesive rhinestones (Michaels); dotted scallop edge punch (Martha Stewart)

3 comments:

  1. cute bunny card! I love his fuzzy belly! I just made a card recently with a penguin and made his belly fuzzy too. flocking is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww she's a cutie! I need to break out my daisy bitty bloom.

    Check my blog, I've awarded you the Kreativ Blogger award. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just adorable cards! Love that bitty bloom! Thanks for playing, Lori! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips