Friday, November 28, 2008

Is That a Cupcake on Your Head?

I've had this cute image from Stamping Bella's Tiddly Inks line for a week or two now and haven't tried it out yet. I decided it would be a nice fit for Taylor's new Cupcake Challenge sketch. The proportions for my 4 1/4" square card are a little off, but I made it work.

I stamped the image in black ink, then colored it with Copic markers. I filled in the cupcake top with some matching pink Stickles, then covered the cherry with a dot of Crystal Effects for a glossy look. The image has its own doodly square frame, so I used a circle Nestabilities die to cut around it, then layered the image on a pink scalloped circle.

The patterned papers I picked for the card coordinated nicely with some of Papertrey Ink's colors, so I used them for the solid mats on the card. I added a piece of matching Berry Sorbet satin ribbon around the square panel as an embellishment, then arranged everything on a Sweet Blush card base.

I found the perfect silly sentiment to go with the image--"put your party hat on!"--and stamped that on the patterned paper using Berry Sorbet ink and the help of my Stamp-a-ma-jig.

Materials Used:
image and sentiment (Stamping Bella); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); white cardstock (Xerox); markers (Copic Ciao); patterned paper (K & Co.); Berry Sorbet Palette ink, Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet, and Summer Sunrise cardstock, Berry Sorbet satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); Crystal Effects, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Cotton Candy Stickles (Ranger)

6 comments:

  1. So adorable! I love that image, but haven't gotten around to purchasing it myself yet! I feel it coming soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so cute. I love that you put a cupcake on the little girls head as a party hat.

    Great idea.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips