Saturday, November 29, 2008

So, Maybe It's Not a Dove

But it's the closest to a dove that I could come up with! The theme for today's challenge in the Paper Craft Planet 12 Days of Christmas event is "2 turtle doves." I went with my Nested Bird dies to create this card. I also used this week's Paper Craft Planet sketch challenge as the basis for my card.

Now, like I said, this bird might not really be a dove, but I made it white, so I'm saying it is. I cut the bird from Shimmery White paper, then embossed the edges with the die. I added a small self-adhesive pearl as an eye. I cut a branch shape from a scrap of brown paper, then arranged the pieces on a scalloped circle.

I used more shimmery paper on the cardfront. I used both sides of the SEI patterned paper here, one for the cardfront and one for the panel underneath the bird image. i {heart} papers has a nice assortment from their holiday themed Alpine Frost line here.

The sentiment is from the Hero Arts Jolly Christmas stamp set. I inked the words separately so I could stamp them in a straight line instead of one on top of the other. I added some soft brown double stitched velvet ribbon to the sentiment panel before attaching it to the card.

Before I forget, I have a winner from the IHP blog candy giveaway I offered earlier this week. My random number picker, also known as my sister Jill, chose #10. That's Tracey from Tray's Spot. Tracey, please email me with your address so I can get your goodies off to you. If you haven't yet, be sure to stop by i {heart} papers to take advantage of the Black Friday sale. The sale runs through Sunday, so you still have time to shop.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers--Nestabilities Nested Bird and Petite Scalloped Circle dies, SEI Alpine Frost Yuletide paper, brown double stitched velvet ribbon, Hero Arts Jolly Christmas stamp set, K & Co. self-adhesive pearl
Other-Cranberry Crisp Classic ink, Cranberry Crisp, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, and Shimmery White cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); snowflake brads (Michaels)

3 comments:

  1. Love this card!! Looks like a dove to me!! ;-P

    Oh, and I am so excited to have won your blog candy!! Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I think it looks like a dove! Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that bird. Is it a die cut? Pretty Turtle Dove!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips