Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Krafty Heart

It's no secret that I love kraft cardstock. When I saw that it was one of the colors (if it's a color ??), in today's SCS color challenge, along with Real Red and Basic Black, I had to try the challenge tonight.

Here's what I came up with. The large heart image from Always is heat embossed in black on red cardstock, then cut out. I attached it to a kraft panel, then layered it on a black panel. I embellished the panel with a red scalloped edge and a piece of wide grosgrain ribbon.

I went back and forth (and back and forth) on the cardfront. Eventually I settled on a kraft panel so that I could stamp the sentiment in red ink. I used craft ink for a more opaque look. I've been collecting the craft ink pads, a few at a time, in the colors that I find myself using most often. It's nice to have the ink in both versions because certain projects definitely lend themselves to the different types of ink. I layered the kraft panel on a slightly larger black panel, then on a red card base.

I didn't have any specific ideas in mind for a layout when I started this card. I really like how it turned out--clean and simple, with a bold pop of red.

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!):
Always stamp set, Real Red and Basic Black Craft inks, Real Red, Basic Black, and Kraft cardstock, Real Red 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, scallop edge punch, black embossing powder, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! Love the embossed heart! I think my embossing gun is rusting from lack of use :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible! I love that heart and the embossing is so rich. This is a stunning colour combo. You ROCK the kraft, as usual! Hugs, :O) mel
    P.S. There was something wonky with the pics in your posts (with mozilla firefox as a browser.) I had to refresh or they wouldn't show. I know Savitri had a similar problem...Thought I'd let you know. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love Kraft CS, too!

    I saw a card of yours on Stamper's Showcase today---Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips