Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Unity Challenge: Week 13

It’s time for another Unity Customer Challenge. This week’s challenge chooser was Michelle. She provided a great photo of a bedding ensemble for inspiration.

I based my project on a few elements in the inspiration piece, including the colors, the layers, and the fringed elements. The stamped image is from Unity’s Gratitude=Joy kit. The leaf is stamped in Certainly Celery ink with the edges rolled in slightly darker Old Olive ink for a two-toned look. I stamped the sentiment alongside the image in Taken with Teal ink. I filled in the empty space on the right side of the image panel with a row of clear dome embellishments that coordinate with the colors of the card.

I used the long border stamp from the Oh! What a Beautiful Morning kit to create a patterned panel for the cardfront. I stamped the image multiple times in Old Olive craft ink, using a Stamp-a-ma-jig to line it up just right so that it would resemble the interlocking pattern on the bedding.

I loved the look of the fringed pillows in the inspiration piece, so I wanted to bring some kind of texture into my project. I did that by gathering a piece of teal satin ribbon and attaching it to the left side of the card. I had tried this before with taffeta ribbon and figured it might work in a similar way with satin—and, it did.

It’s always fun to see what different people are drawn to in an inspiration piece. To check out other creations inspired by the same picture, you can visit the other challenge participants. Links to their blogs are found in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used:
Gratitude=Joy and Oh! What a Beautiful Morning stamp kits (Unity Stamp Co.); Old Olive, Certainly Celery, and Taken with Teal Classic inks, Old Olive Craft ink, Certainly Celery, Taken with Teal, Chocolate Chip, and Whisper White cardstock, Crystal Effects, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); teal satin ribbon, blue and green acrylic dome embellishments (Michaels)

11 comments:

  1. ooooh, Lori, this card is beautiful! I love the way that you rolled the stamp and the extra pop that the little beads add. smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, this is gorgeous!! I love how fresh the blue and green look together, and the texture of the ruffled ribbon! Beautiful take on the challenge! Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME card Lori! Love the dew drops and the different ribbon! BEAUTIFUL!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love the dew drops down the side and ribbons! Wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori,
    Love how you used the ribbon to match the pillow in the photo. Just love that set. Got it last week. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty...I think that's one of my favorite sets!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the look of what you did to your ribbon Lori! Very cool! :D

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips