Sunday, November 9, 2008

Page Plans Pair

I just realized I never shared my card for last week’s sketch at Page Plans, so here’s two weeks worth of sketch fun, instead of just one.

Here’s this week’s card. It’s a more “scrappy” than stamped one. I used the two different patterned papers from a My Mind’s Eye paper pad as the basis for my card. I stitched the panels together with a sewing machine, then added a pair of coordinating Prima flowers. I placed clear dome embellishments at the center of each flower—goes nicely with the dots on the patterned papers.

I found some teal felt ric rac in my stash and used that for the strip across the cardfront. It adds a nice texture. The sentiment is stamped above the ric rac using turquoise pigment ink so it will stand out from the patterned paper.

Materials Used:
Circle of Thanks stamp kit (Unity Stamp Co.); Tempting Turquoise Craft ink, Crystal Effects, glue dots (Stampin’ Up!); patterned paper (My Mind’s Eye); Aqua Mist cardstock (Papertrey Ink); blue dome embellishments (Michaels); felt ric rac (Walmart); flowers (Prima); sewing machine


This is my card for last week’s sketch. I had a really, really hard time with this one. The curves threw a curve at me, I guess.

I ended up using some star trim from a package of mixed satin trims that I picked up at the Lakeshore Learning store. The rest of the card is based on this embellishment. To go with the star trim, I used the rocket image from SU!’s Pun Fun as my focal point. I stamped the rocket and starry background on a Tempting Turquoise panel, then stamped the rocket again on a scrap of white cardstock. I colored the rocket image with Copic markers, then attached it to the turquoise piece with dimensionals. The rocket is embellished with a clear acrylic dome (faux Dew Drop) over its window. I also added some clear Stardust pen to highlight the starry sky.

I used a piece of patterned cardstock for the cardfront. After I added the star trim, I covered the corners of the patterned paper panel with solid blue cardstock. The stars acted as a border or divider between the pattern and the solid. Because of how I positioned the stamped image, the sentiment didn’t fit well where it was supposed to go in the sketch. I ended up moving it to the bottom right corner of the card instead.

Materials Used:
Pun Fun stamp set, Tempting Turquoise Classic ink, Tempting Turquoise, Bashful Blue, and So Saffron cardstock, Crystal Effects, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); white cardstock (Xerox); markers (Copic Ciao); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); patterned paper (Debbie Mumm); satin star trim (Lakeshore Learning); clear Stardust pen (Sakura); blue dome embellishment (Michaels)

7 comments:

  1. Both of your cards are fantastic Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cards! The colors you used are so pretty together. Imike that puffy star ribbon. I have some pink heart ribbon like it and it is fun to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards, Lori! I really like the one with the rocket and the star trim. You did a fabulous job with that sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The color combos are great. I really like the curves on the rocket card. It's very different and eye catching.

    I want to add a comment. I love the rocket one. Love, Jake

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the scrappy look of the first one and the fun look with the stars on the second!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips