Sunday, November 9, 2008

Peaceful Bird

I'm home from my fun weekend in Virginia Beach. It was so nice to have the chance to meet some of my online stamping buddies in person! The weather was beautiful and the company was great.

I have a lot to catch up on now that I'm home, but I haven't stamped since Thursday, so I decided I'd do a quick card for today's featured stamper challenge on SCS.

I noticed that Wendy's gallery featured a lot of beautiful butterfly cards and originally planned to do a card with a butterfly as an element. But, once I opened my package from i {heart} papers, I knew I had to use my brand new Spellbinders nested bird die for my project. If you're looking for the new Spellbinders stuff, including the labels dies, IHP has a bunch of them in stock--be sure to check it out.

I ended up basing my card on this card from Wendy's gallery. My card is a little different than what I usually do--no stamping at all here--but I really like how it turned out. I used the medium sized bird die and some shimmery white cardstock to create the bird piece. I cut, then embossed the paper for extra definition. I used a 1/4" black circle topped with a silvery Dew Drop for the eye.

The bird is attached to a pink cardstock panel. I used Basic Grey's Eva alphabet stickers to create the "peace" sentiment. I'm not a big sticker user, but I saw Tracy, another IHP DT member, use the Eva stickers on one of her creations and that inspired me to try them. I added a piece of burgundy faux suede ribbon around the left side of the panel. I love this stuff!

The white panel on the cardfront is embossed with the Cuttlebug Floral Screen embossing folder. I attached the panels to a burgundy cardfront to complete the card. After I was done, I realized that I didn't do any stamping on it. I guess that will have to wait until tomorrow . . .

The blog candy giveaways from i {heart} papers design team members will be continuing this week. You can find links to the other DT member blogs in the sidebar on the left. Be sure to take a look around to see who's offering up the treats this week.

Materials Used:
From i {heart} papers: Spellbinders Shapeabilities Nested Bird die, Basic Grey Eva alphabet stickers, burgundy faux suede ribbon
Other: Sweet Blush and white cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Bravo Burgundy, Basic Black, and Shimmery White cardstock, tag corner punch, 1/4" circle punch, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Floral Screen embossing folder (Cuttlebug); silver Dew Drop (Robin's Nest)

7 comments:

  1. Dang! I knew I should have gotten the birds! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the beautiful colors, Lori! That bird is wonderful!

    Hugs,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bird beautiful. I love the simplicity. You did an awesome job with the card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute Lori! How did you like the stickers?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is terrific! I love the rich color, great textures, and beautiful ribbon!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips