Saturday, November 22, 2008

Playing on the Planet

I am so glad the weekend's here. I'm planning a fun afternoon with one of my friends, followed by a dinner out with her family, so that should keep me busy and entertained for most of the day. I made sure to get to the new sketch challenge from Paper Craft Planet before I needed to head out for the day.

I adjusted the sketch a little from a square card to a standard sized one. I used images from the Home Sweet Home set from Pink Poison. I thought this image was so cute when I first saw it, but wasn't sure my coloring skills were up to the challenge, so I kinda shied away from it. I think I ended up doing okay with it here. I colored the couch in a green shade similar to the one of my own living room couch and filled in the pillows to match the colors of the patterned and solid papers I used on the card. Fortunately, I have not (yet) come home to find my couch looking a little beat up like this one. I think Cosmo the crazy dog realizes that the living room couch is off limits to him . . .

I stamped the sentiment on a narrow strip of cardstock, then rounded the ends of one side before attaching it to the cardfront. I added a little paper flower with a sparkly rhinestone brad at the center to the other side.
Materials Used:
Home Sweet Home stamp set (Pink Poison); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); patterned paper (My Mind's Eye Everyday Tango paper pad); oval and scalloped oval dies (Nestabilities); Ballet Blue Craft ink, Bashful Blue, Ballet Blue, and Certainly Celery cardstock, corner rounder, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); paper flower, rhinestone brad (Target)

The sketch challenge isn't the only regular challenge over at Paper Craft Planet. This card is for the weekly color challenge, posted every Wednesday. This week's color combo is Kiwi Kiss, Elegant Eggplant, Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, and Very Vanilla. I used Unity's Tiny Trinity set for the images here. The tree is colored with Copic markers, then brushed with a light coating of Angel Wings Shimmerz paints. So pretty!

I have tons of Bella Rose designer paper, so I used the dotted Kiwi Kiss piece for the panel on the cardfront. I added a scalloped strip to one side of the panel and tied a piece of dark chocolate satin ribbon around the panel. Clean and simple--just my style.

Materials Used:
Tiny Trinity stamp set (Unity Stamp Co.); cream cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Rich Cocoa ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Chocolate Chip Classic ink, Creamy Caramel and Elegant Eggplant cardstock, Bella Rose designer paper, scallop edge punch, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Angel Wings paint (Shimmerz); 7/8" and 1 1/8" circle punches (EK Success); dark brown satin ribbon (Target)

3 comments:

  1. You have been prodigious in card making this week! Great cards and I love the colors and designs. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is stunning! I love everything about it. The tree with the Bella Rose paper is a great combo.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips