Saturday, November 22, 2008

Cupcakes Always Make It a Happy Day

Here's a sweet, girly card I made for Taylor's weekly Cupcake Challenge. Since there's just a little bit of stamping on this one, it came together pretty quickly.

I thought that the small cupcake image from the Happy Birthday Cupcake set from Kitchen Sink Stamps would be perfect for the circle panel in the sketch. The cupcake's surrounded by a simple text border so it's perfect for a quick birthday card. To get the two-toned stamped image, I first inked the text border in ink and stamped that on the cardstock. After allowing the ink to dry, I inked the cupcake in Rich Cocoa ink, lined up the words with the stamp, and stamped the image. I love how clear stamps let you do that so easily!

I colored the cupcake with Copic markers to coordinate with the colors in the patterned paper. I coated the top of the cupcake with Dazzling Diamonds for some sparkle. And, I actually dusted off my long-neglected circle punches for the circles here. They were exactly the right size for what I needed to put together the layout.

Materials Used:
Happy Birthday Cupcake set (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Rich Cocoa ink (Memento); Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose, and Whisper White cardstock, scallop edge punch, 1 3/4" circle punch, white grosgrain ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Lemon Tart cardstock (Papertrey Ink); patterned paper (Debbie Mumm Baby Girl pad); Pearlescent Orchid ink (Brilliance); pink self-adhesive rhinestones (Michaels); 2" circle punch (Marvy Uchida)

4 comments:

  1. I really like the colors in this card and it has a clean sweet look to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card! Love the little cupcake and all the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips