Sunday, November 16, 2008

Striped Sweet Day

Today's featured stamper on SCS is Kendra, one of my design team cohorts over at i {heart} papers. How exciting!

Here's my card for the challenge, based on this one in Kendra's gallery. I really liked the layout, so I used that with a few changes to fit my supplies. I changed the butterfly image to a cupcake, this one from the Simple Pleasures kit from Unity Stamp Co. I colored the image with Copic markers and layered it on a scalloped circle.

I found a piece of bright striped paper like Kendra used for the front of my card. Since I don't have any scalloped square dies (must get some of those!), I switched out the square for a scalloped rectangle panel. I didn't have enough room to put a sentiment on the panel, so I decided to put it on the narrow rectangle panel that extends from the left side to the image panel. I added a few Dew Drops to the right side of the rectangle to fill in the empty space.

I'm off for a little shopping with my sister this afternoon. She's brought her dog Bella over to keep Cosmo the crazy dog company. Hopefully that will keep him out of trouble!

Materials Used:
Simple Pleasures and Delectable Delights stamp kits (Unity Stamp Co.); Rich Cocoa ink (Memento); white cardstock (Xerox); markers (Copic Ciao); Pixie Pink Classic ink, Pixie Pink and Pink Pirouette cardstock, silver brad, Crystal Effects, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); circle, scalloped circle, rectangle, and scalloped rectangle dies (Nestabilities); patterned paper (Me & My Big Ideas); Dew Drops (Kitchen Sink Stamps)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips