Sunday, November 30, 2008

Snow Duo

It's been a cold and dreary day here. Fortunately, it's only cold and rainy and not cold and snowy just yet! That didn't stop me from making two snowy themed cards today.

I made this one for today's featured stamper challenge on SCS. I was drawn to the layout of the original card. It's kind of a variation on the layout I tend to use a lot, so I thought I'd try it out. I replaced the zebra image on the original card with the penguin image from Unity Stamp Co.'s Jolly Little Winter kit.

I used a scrap of paper left over from last year's SU! holiday paper, Wintergreen, for the panel across the cardfront. I edged the panel with a silver scalloped strip and a wider paper pierced silver strip before attaching it to the card.

I stamped some of the snowflake images from the Jolly Winter set along the bottom of the cardfront and added the sentiment to the top of the card using white craft ink.

Materials Used:
Jolly Little Winter stamp kit (Unity Stamp Co.); White craft ink, Baja Breeze cardstock, Wintergreen designer paper, 1 3/4" circle punch, Dazzling Diamonds, scallop edge punch, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensional (Stampin' Up!); silver paper, white satin ribbon (Target); petite scalloped circle die (Nestabilities); die cut snowflake (Me & My Big Ideas); self-adhesive rhinestone (Michaels)

I made this card for this week's Mojo Monday sketch. I used images from Verve's Snow Wonderful along with some fabulous shimmery cardstock I just got from Paper Temptress. These papers are much more shimmery and sparkly than the subtle shimmer of the shimmery white I'm used to working with. You can kind of see the shimmer here in my photo--they're even more shimmery IRL, though. The photo definitely doesn't do the shine justice!

I stamped the snowman image several times on white paper and added some details using markers and some white Fun Flock. I cut out the different layers and used dimensionals to form a multi-dimensional snowman. I attached the snowman to a shimmery blue panel, then layered that on a shimmery red panel embossed with the Cuttlebug Snowflakes folder. I edged the embossed panel with white scalloped strips, then layered the panel on a Baja Breeze card base.

Materials Used:
Snow Wonderful stamp set (Verve Stamps); blue and red shimmery cardstock (Paper Temptress); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); white cardstock (Xerox); markers (Copic Ciao); Real Red Classic ink, Real Red, Baja Breeze, and Whisper White cardstock, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" square punches, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); felt snowflake (American Crafts); blue self-adhesive rhinestone (Michaels); white Fun Flock (Stampendous); white satin ribbon (Target); Snowflakes embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips